Friday, November 21, 2008

The Price is Right!!

I was sitting around on Wednesday morning wondering how much stupidity should cost a person. Rather than performing some statistical analysis, I decided to run into my garage door with my truck and see for myself what the price was. I found at that $120 was the going price in Limestone County, Al for stupidity.

Somehow on Wednesday morning, as I was backing out of the garage, the door malfunctioned and stopped about 3/4th's of the way up. Since I had no reason to expect this to be the case, I started backing up and was met with a horrible screeching sound. To which, I proceede to move back forward into the garage and get out to survey the damage. Since it was 5:40 a.m., there was a shortage of onlookers (thank goodness). I quickly bent the door back inwards so that I could close it manually. I then called the repair place when they opened and $120 later it was fixed. Needless to say, I'd rather of bought a Christmas present with that money.

2 comments:

Andrew and Sarah said...

$75 is how much stupidity cost me when i left one of my bike tires propped up against your truck

Anonymous said...

I've seen you so many times since Wednesday and I never heard you mention this. No wonder. It had to be embarrassing.

Don't worry about the money. If you buy me a Christmas present, I give you permission to leave everyone else high and dry. : )