Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rough week


As you may have noticed, I did not post anything last week. That was due to an awful stomach virus that lasted three days and sent me to the doctor for an IV of fluids as well. Prior to last week, I hadn't thrown up in 10 years. Oh well, I guess I am starting a new streak. (sorry if that's gross)


Prior to last week's sickness, my family went to see the Ringling Bros. Circus, and it was great. We thoroughly enjoyed the animals and the acrobatic-type trickery that went on. We almost didn't make it to the circus because of snow!! Yes, snow in Alabama (see picture above). We woke up on Sunday morning to a nice scenery, and now it's going to be 80 degrees today. Oh well, that's just the way it is around here.


On a side note, I am competing in my second race of the year this weekend. I'm teaming up with someone to do a duathlon in Tuscaloosa, AL. It's supposed to be raining on Saturday, so I'm not sure what to expect as of right now, but anything's better than last year's race at this location. It was 29 and snowing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that snow. Barrett and I had quite a workout making snowballs and a rather large snowman. The circus was excellent and I loved the magic and trapeze artists. I'm glad you're doing better.

Andrew and Sarah said...

dude, you probably don't want to hear this, but i know the exact mechanism behind the pathophysiology and treatment of your stomach virus...guess i'm getting my money's worth down here after all...

get on it down in t-town, hammy...don't forget when we'd go down there to run when we were a club team!