Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just a Sunday afternoon in Toney, AL


On Sunday, Rachel, Barrett and myself (see picture) competed in the Toney Time Trial in Toney, AL. It was very windy, but we all did fairly well (https://www.usacycling.org/results/?permit=2009-209). I averaged 23.4, Barrett 22.4, and Rachel 20.4. I don't know what the deal was with the ".4", but we all had it. This was our first foray into the cycling community here in Huntsville. We were a tad out of place, but only because we didn't know anyone. We're used to going to triathlons and being the ones with all the knowledge about what to do, but Sunday was a totally different story. I had to get help from someone on how to put on the race number because it goes on your back on the right side. That's way different from the stomach--which is where I'm used to putting a race number. Anyway, we had fun, we did well, and I'm kicking myself for not bringing my time trial bike--I thought it's dimensions were illegal, but apparently that only counts in "Nationals" type events.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys found something like this. It's right up your alley. I'm looking forward to trying out Mr. Wayne's bike. I hope I have the energy to try it. My classes at Maverick are a lot of fun and I can't wait to show you some of the stuff I learned. So until next time,
"Vaya Con Dios!"